Effective: June 5, 2018
Entic is also committed to maintaining compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations governing data privacy and data security. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) effective May 25, 2018 covers the collection, storage, use, and processing of personal data of EEA residents. For the purpose of EU data protection legislation, the data controller is Entic, Inc., located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
For a better experience while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, email address, and phone number. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you and to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We will never sell your information.
- We define your personally identifiable information (PII) as your:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- User Name
- The data elements listed above are the only personal data elements that we store. We also store data related to the organization that contracted with us and that you work for. For example, corporate address, energy consumption, energy monitoring devices and utility account data. We do not consider these elements as PII.
- We collect and store your PII only to perform the service that we are contracted to do.
- Entic has an Information Security Policy and process to protect your PII. Part of this Policy is to make sure we notify you of any security breaches.
- Entic will never sell your PII.
- Entic will cooperate with you regarding your rights to access, correct, delete, and opt-out preferences. You can do so by contacting: Info@entic.com.
- Entic will maintain our certification under the EU-US Privacy Shield.
- Entic Data Privacy Officer is accountable for making sure everything stated here is truthful and up-to-date.
Information Collected Automatically and Cookies
Entic’s website(s) collect certain information about you automatically, including the domain that referred you to our website, the type of browser and computer operating system you use, navigational information, time and date of visit, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, and cookies (as described in more detail below).
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file that attaches to a computer or web browser when accessing or viewing a website. We use both session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are used during a single website visit and are automatically deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies are used to track website activity over a longer period and remain on your browser or computer until either you choose to delete them or they expire.
Entic uses persistent cookies in several places on our website so we can pre-populate forms to improve your ease of use. For example, the information provided during a brochure download is captured so that you do not need to enter it again when requesting additional documents. Entic may also use persistent cookies to collect analytical information about how visitors use our website. For example, we may measure website usage, access to online services, and the level of interest in particular products. We use this information to improve our service and provide a better experience for visitors to our website.
When we post videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as “Flash Cookies,” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored.
Do I have to accept cookies?
Accessing, Updating, and Deleting Information
You may request access, corrections, or deletions of your information by contacting Info@entic.com.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. Please note that if you request deletion of your information, we may be required by law to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.
Entic Solutions: Information Collection and Use
In order for you to use or access a Solution, you must expressly consent to Entic’s access to certain information in order to provide you with the applicable Solution. Entic may collect information from the Solution meters installed on your site. If you received our Solution through a utility company (“Utility”), we may receive information from your Utility. If you received our Solution through one of our distributors or resellers, including but not limited to, one of our affiliates that market our Solution, we may receive information from such party. In addition, we collect any information which you provide to us directly. Information collected through the foregoing methods includes your customer contact information, financial information, account information, customer metadata, energy costs, energy behavioral analytics information, and energy usage and performance data.
Our website also makes use of Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, and DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration. Entic and third-party vendors, such as Google, may use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to (i) inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to our website and (ii) report how your ad impressions, uses of ad services, and interactions with the foregoing are related to your visits to the website. In addition, Entic may utilize Google Analytics data, including but not limited to, geographic, demographic, and interest reporting information to recognize and understand user preferences; make improvements to our website, products, and services; and for other business purposes that will allow us to better serve you. You may prevent your data from being collected and used by Google Analytics by opting out through the use of the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on available at: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear gifs, web beacons, or web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, which are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users.
Entic Websites: Information Collected When Voluntarily Provided
Registration forms on our website require you to provide accurate business contact information, which helps us deliver high quality service. This may include your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, username, password and demographic information. With your consent, we will send you marketing emails from us and any co-sponsors of a webinar or other event. Information that you provide may be used to send you information about our company, the co-sponsor companies, and the products and services, special offers, and newsletters of our company and the co-sponsor companies which may be of interest to your business. To view or modify information previously submitted, or to opt out of receiving future marketing communications via email, click the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of the email communication you receive. Please be aware, that even if you opt out of marketing emails, we may still provide to you administrative and operational emails regarding the Entic website and the Solutions. We may also collect information from you at other points on our website that state that information is being collected.
We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Solutions and services. We occasionally publish such content on our website, emails, and other marketing material. When we publish this content, we obtain the user’s consent prior to posting the user’s information along with the testimonial.
Information Collected from Third Party Companies
We may receive information and/or Anonymous Data (defined below) about you from third party companies. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you.
In general, information collected by Entic may be used for the following purposes:
- Communicating with you concerning our Solutions and services;
- Responding to questions or requests you submit;
- Enabling us to fulfill any contractual obligation owed to you;
- Providing our Solutions and services, including our Solutions and services provided in conjunction with Utilities (as defined below);
- Improving our website, Solutions and services;
- Analyzing and optimizing any Entic website;
- As necessary or appropriate to: (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements ; (c) to enforce our Policy; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others;
- Notifying you about changes to our Solutions and services and sending you offerings of products and services in which you may be interested; and
- Sending you marketing emails as described in the “Information Disclosures” section below.
We may anonymize your information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you (“Anonymous Data”). We use this Anonymous Data, in part, to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance our services. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
We disclose information to third party entities in the following ways or circumstances:
- When we have your consent – you acknowledge that Entic does not control or have responsibility for the manner in which such third parties use or further disclose your information;
- To our subsidiaries and affiliated companies;
- To third party businesses or persons who act as our service providers, including but not limited to, Utilities and providers who process information on our behalf;
International Data Transfer
E.U. – U.S. Privacy Shield
As described in the Privacy Shield Principles, Entic is accountable for personal data that it receives and subsequently transfers to third parties. If third parties that process personal data on our behalf do so in a manner that does not comply with the Privacy Shield Principles, we are accountable, unless we prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Entic commits to cooperate with the panel established by the EU Data Protection Authorities (DPAs) and comply with the advice given by the panel with regard to personal data transferred from the EU. Please contact us to be directed to the relevant DPA contacts.
As further explained in the Privacy Shield Principles, binding arbitration will also be made available to you in order to address residual complaints not resolved by any other means. Entic is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Your European Privacy Rights
We adhere to applicable data protection laws in the European Economic Area, which, if applicable to you, includes the following rights:
- If we are processing personal information based on your consent, you have a right to withdraw consent at any time for future processing;
- You have a right to request access to, rectification, or erasure of your personal information, or to transfer or receive a copy of your personal information in a usable format;
- You have a right to object to the processing of your personal information under certain circumstances; and
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority.
Third Party Privacy Policies
Use by Children
We do not intentionally gather information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits information to Entic and we learn that the information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal data within our organization. Unfortunately, no transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be completely secure, and transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us using the details in the “Contact” section below.
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, please contact us at email@example.com.